In today’s digital world, technology is changing very fast. Now billions of people use smartphones and mobiles apps for their day to day work. Android operating system for smartphones was launched by Google some years ago which created a revolution in the mobile phone market. Each year new trends in mobile application development come which led the developers to learn them and remain up to date with the new technologies. Google is doing lots of R&D to keep its Android platform up to date. The research report says that Android share of smartphone sales will reach by 81% by 2019. Google’s mobile OS Android is winning in all markets especially emerging ones.
So many of Android Applications Development companies are also working to adapt the new trends in Android app development so that they can serve their customers in a better way. In this article, we will discuss the trends which will shape the Android app development in 2018.
- Android Instant Apps: Instant Apps are the apps which can be downloaded instantly like the normal web pages. Instant apps are not downloaded into your mobile device fully rather they are installed only partly. If we use more instant apps then our smartphones won’t be full of various apps which we need only once. Google will also get the benefit as web searches on Google will increase. Looking at the benefits of instant apps, they have a great future. Anyone who is using the latest OS Android 7.0 Nougat can use instant apps although Google is planning to support instant apps for all Android versions.
- Security of Android Apps: Google is always planning on improving the security of Android’s OS up to huge extent. In future user won’t need more applications but they will need secure mobile apps. Now, almost half of all the online transactions are made on mobiles and you will not want an app which can leak your financial information. If Android has found some loopholes in it then they will be fixed. Sometimes malicious software can also enter Google Play and there are also some issues with poor encryption standards. Google knows all of these issues and constantly working on them. Android developers should also take care of security while developing Android apps. Good thing is that now users can create a separate workspace for business apps and protect the important data. Hence now enterprises will adopt new and Secure Android apps in 2018 and beyond.
- Android Artificial Intelligence Assistant: If you start using Android AI assistant then you can easily interact with your mobile phone. So many people are already using voice assistants and chatbots in their mobile phones. Games developers are adding more artificial intelligence features in their games. There are already some computers using AI like IBM Watson which can solve many tasks which are highly difficult for the human mind. Hence R&D and adoption of artificial intelligence is getting more prominent. Google has said they will continue the work on the integration of its new Google Assistant into new Android mobile devices. The AI based Google assistant can interact with the users, give them important information and can act as a smart chatbot. This bot can also understand the complicated commands. AI uses many concepts like neural networks and machine learning to give better results.
- Integration of payment services: According to a research report, this year i.e. 2018, smartphone payments will surpass $118 Billion worldwide. Therefore Google is working a lot on m-commerce front. Google has partnered with top payment processing companies to enable the service integration with third-party apps. Soon, major companies will launch applications with “Buy with Android Pay” button. It will provide another way to buy things through Android smartphones other than PayPal etc.
- AR and VR Android Apps: A recent research report says that by 2022, there will be 1,389 million Artificial Reality apps downloads. You must be remembering the game Pokemon Go which took the app market by surprise in 2016. Pokemon Go is a virtual reality-based game and so many people have become addicted to it. It has taken the gaming industry to another level altogether. Virtual Reality has gained a lesser extent than Augmented Reality Apps. But it looks like in 2018, both AR and VR will contribute a lot in the Android app development trends. If you really want to leave an impression of your business then you must use AP/VR apps which will also help you to stay ahead in the competition.
- Search Within Apps: In-App Search is also the latest trend in Android development. Using in-app search you can find any content you need on your mobile phone. Google has already integrated this feature in its popular apps like Gmail, YouTube etc. Developers are working on to extend the number of apps supporting in-app search in 2018 and beyond. Good thing about this feature is that you can search for the information even when you are not connected to the internet.
- Internet of Things: Earlier people had no idea that things from real life can be intuitive enough to know your needs. As per a report, by the year 2020, there will be more than 20 billion connected things and people will utilize these smart devices. The majority of home automation companies are working on smart home technologies which will help users interact with their smart home devices. Google is playing an important role in innovating with Internet of Things. Android developers should create apps that offer an interactive user experience. These apps should have a secure and efficient backend to enable the users to communicate smoothly with their devices.
Google is doing continuous R&D to develop a Android platform which is more secure, uptodate and user friendly and it is also implementing the latest technologies and trends in the market. In 2018 and years to come, using smartphones will become more user friendly for new users and old users as well. Due to the implementation of these latest trends, Android OS will become even more popular and useful for the mobile users and will offer latest features to its users.